Using Oracle Database Vault with Oracle Database 12c
What you will learn
The Using Oracle Database Vault with Oracle Database 12c course will teach you how to configure and use Oracle Database Vault. Oracle Database Vault provides powerful, preventive and administrative controls that helps organizations defend against common attack vectors from inside and outside the organization.
- Enable and configure Oracle Database Vault.
- Configure realms, rule sets, rules, SQL command rules and secure application roles.
- Define factors to extend rule sets.
- Run Database Vault reports to view attempted policy violations.
Benefits to You
Using Oracle Database Vault helps organizations increase security through powerful preventive and administrative controls that include protection zones around applications that prevent insiders and outsiders from using their privileged user access to view sensitive application information. Oracle Database Vault command controls enable policies to be associated with virtually any SQL command. Policies can evaluate factors such as connection IP address, program name, date/time, and authentication method to determine whether a user should be permitted to execute a given command inside the database. Oracle Database Vault administrative controls include real time privilege analysis, helping organizations reduce the attack surface of over privileged applications through actual analysis of privileges used.
In this course, you learn how to configure Database Vault, perform privilege analysis, configure realms, rule sets, rules, SQL command rules, secure application roles and extend the predefined security strategy by using factors. You also learn how to use Database Vault reports to confirm the completion of your setup, to track configuration changes and attempted violations.
- Database Administrators
- Security Administrators
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
Working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
Oracle Database 12c: Security
Oracle Database Administration experience
- Learn best practices
- Enable and configure Oracle Database Vault
- Block access to sensitive application data from inside and outside the organization
- Reduce the attack surface for potential security breaches through limiting privileges
- Create protection zones using realms and secure application roles
- Define command controls using rules sets, command rules, factors, and identities
- Perform security analysis and report security vulnerabilities
Course Outline :