Exadata and Database Machine Administration Seminar
What you will learn
The first section of this course introduces you to Exadata Storage Server X2-2 (formerly known as Exadata Storage Server Version 2). You'll learn about the architecture and key capabilities of Exadata, along with how to configure, monitor and optimize it.
- Describe what Exadata is and how it differs from traditional database storage.
- List the key capabilities and features of Exadata and DBM.
- Configure DBM.
- Implement Exadata security.
- Maintain DBM and perform various maintenance tasks.
- Monitor DBM using alerts, thresholds, metrics, current activities, SQL plans, V$ views and database statistics.
- Maintain, monitor and optimize the Database Machine after initial configuration.
The second section of this course introduces you to the Oracle Exadata Database Machine. You'll learn about the various Database Machine configurations, while reviewing the installation and configuration process. This will help you make appropriate up-front configuration decisions.
You'll also review various options for migrating to the Database Machine, while learning how to select the best approach. Where possible, the topics are reinforced through demonstrations.
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Technical Administrator
Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2
Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2
Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Overview Seminar Release 2
Networking (inc. Infiniband)
Oracle Enterprise Linux: System Administration
Relevant Hardware Training
System and Storage Administration Concepts
- Describe the key capabilities of Exadata and Database Machine
- Identify the benefits of using Database Machine for different application classes
- Describe the architecture of Database Machine and its integration with Oracle Database, Clusterware and ASM
- Complete the initial configuration of Database Machine
- Describe various recommended approaches for migrating to Database Machine
- Configure Exadata I/O Resource Management
- Monitor Database Machine health and optimize performance
Course Outline :