VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V6.0]
This hands-on training workshop provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 6 environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphere® Web Client, VMware vRealize® Log lnsight™, and other tools to analyze and solve problems.
This workshop is based on VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Use vSphere Web Client, the command-line interface, and logs to diagnose and resolve problems in the vSphere environment
- Introduce troubleshooting principles and procedures
- Troubleshoot networking issues and recover from these issues
- Analyse storage failure scenarios and resolve the issues
- Troubleshoot vSphere cluster failure scenarios and analyze possible causes
- Diagnose common VMware vSphere® High Availability issues and provide solutions
- Troubleshoot problems related to virtual machine migration (VMware vSphere vMotion®) and improve resource use (VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™)
- Troubleshoot vCenter Server issues
- Identify ESXi host issues, analyze failure scenarios, and correct them
- Troubleshoot faulty virtual machines, including installation issues, snapshot issues, connection issues, and more
- System administrators
- System integrators
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following:
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience in working with a command-line interface is highly recommended.
Course Outline :