Exadata Database Machine: 12c Administration Workshop Ed 1
What you will learn
This course introduces students to Oracle Exadata Database Machine. Students learn about the various Exadata
Database Machine features and configurations, with emphasis on the unique capabilities delivered by Exadata Storage
Server. The course lessons cover the features and capabilities of the Exadata Database Machine X6 product family.
- Describe Exadata Storage Server and how is it different from traditional database storage.
- List the key capabilities and features of Exadata Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server.
- Initially configure Exadata Database Machine and make appropriate up-front configuration decisions.
- Implement Exadata Storage Server security.
- Use query execution plans, statistics and wait events to examine Exadata Smart Scan.
- Describe various options and best-practice recommendations for consolidation on Exadata Database Machine.
- Describe various options for migrating to Database Machine and how to select the best approach.
- Perform various maintenance tasks on Exadata Database Machine.
- Configure Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c in conjunction with Exadata Database Machine.
- Monitor Exadata Database Machine using the monitoring infrastructure inherently within Exadata Database Machine,
- along with the monitoring capabilities exposed through Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
- Use other utilities for monitoring Exadata Database Machine which are supplied by Oracle.
- Hands-On Experience
- Best-practice recommendations are highlighted throughout; and, where possible, the topics are reinforced through
- participation in structured hands-on lab exercises.
Benefits To You
Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your Exadata Database Machines by understanding and implementing the
best practices taught in the course.
A Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered individuals may not view an LVC at any
time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording,
copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.
- Database Administrators
- Sales Consultants
- System Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
Prior knowledge and understanding of Oracle Database 11g Release 2, including Automatic Storage Management
(ASM) and Real Application Clusters (RAC)
A working knowledge of Unix/Linux along with an understand of general networking, storage and system administration
Oracle Database 12c: Administration Workshop Ed 2
Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop Ed 2
Prior knowledge of Oracle Database 11g R2 or 12c RAC
UNIX and Linux Essentials
- Monitor Exadata Database Machine health and optimize performance
- Describe the key capabilities of Exadata Database Machine
- Identify the benefits of using Exadata Database Machine for different application classes
- Describe the architecture of Exadata Database Machine and its integration with Oracle Database, Clusterware and ASM
- Configure I/O Resource Management
- Complete the initial configuration of Exadata Database Machine
- Describe various recommended approaches for migrating to Exadata Database Machine
Course Outline :