Java Programming Language, Java SE 6
What you will learn
This Java Programming Language, Java SE 6 training is a foundational course that teaches you how to develop applications using the Java Programming Language. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you deep dive into the syntax of the Java language, objective-oriented programming, creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs), exceptions, file input/output (I/O), creating multi-threaded applications and networked applications.
- Create an event-driven graphical user interface (GUI) using Swing components, including panels, buttons, labels, text fields and text areas.
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling.
- Use arrays and other data collections.
- Use Java flow control constructs.
- Use Java data types and expressions.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, programmers will get the chance to add the Java programming language to their list of skills. The knowledge you gain and the exercises you perform will also help prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE
6 Programmer examination. Furthermore, if you're looking to widen your career opportunities, developing in demand Java programming expertise will make you more marketable to both current and future employers.
Participate in Hands-On Labs
You'll also get the chance to practice your skills with labs that range from simple to complex. You'll be led by experienced instructors who answer your questions and guide your learning experience.
Understand object-oriented principles
Be competent in creating programs in any programming language
Create and edit text files using a text editor
Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language (CDJ-110-SE6)
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files and understand advanced I/O streams
- Create a simple Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networked client that communicates with a server through sockets
- Create multi-threaded programs
- Create Java technology applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Execute a Java technology application from the command line
Course Outline :