Oracle Golden Gate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle
What you will learn
This Oracle Golden Gate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle training focuses on Oracle-to-Oracle database replication. Expert Oracle University instructors will deep dive into the Oracle Golden Gate architecture, walking you through various product features.
- Install Oracle Golden Gate on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Issue GGSCI commands.
- Configure, start, stop and monitor Change Capture and Delivery processes.
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and log dump.
- Create parameter files to transform data.
- Manage multiple Oracle Golden Gate instances.
Benefits to You
Integrate your organization's disparate data across heterogeneous databases for improved decision-making. Become more efficient at configuring and implementing Oracle Golden Gate.
Install Golden Gate Installation & Command Line
You'll learn to install Oracle Golden Gate and prepare the source and target environments. Enrolling in this course teaches you how to use the Oracle Golden Gate command line interface (GGSCI) efficiently.
Learn Golden Gate Configuration Processes
You'll also develop the knowledge and skills to configure Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat) and Initial Load. You'll learn how to extract trails and files using Data Pump, create parameter files and manage Oracle Golden Gate instances.
Uni- and Bi-Directional Replication
Capture of both DML and DDL will be configured for both uni- and bi-directional replication with collision detection.
Explore New Features in 12c
Features new to 12c, such as Integrated Apply and Wallet, are highlighted along the way. This course is based on Oracle Golden Gate version 12.1.2. Please note that the labs are done in Linux.
- Configuration Consultant
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- System Integrator
- Technical Consultant
- Familiarity with Oracle Database and basic SQL using SQL*Plus
- Familiarity with editing Linux text files using gedit or vi
- Familiarity with basic encryption techniques
- Design replication solutions using Oracle Golden Gate products and environments
- Install Oracle Golden Gate and prepare the source and target database (assumes Oracle-to-Oracle replication)
- Issue GGSCI commands (batch Obey scripts and command-line interactive)
- Configure, start, stop, and monitor Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat), and Initial Load
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and utilities such as log dump
- Control network transmission using compression and encryption
- Transform data
Course Outline :